Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oh home, let me go home....

I'm home in Sweden with delicious stories from Rome and LOTS of pictures, need I say more? I'm sure you all understand the present situation. Me+Italy+Camera=plenty and plenty of pictures. They are juicy and luscious and oh, I can't wait to show you. (But first I must delete photos on my computer to make room for the new ones, the main reason why photos haven't been posted lately). Rome was everything I dreamed of and more. It's beauty radiates both by night and by day 24 hours 7 days a week. Simply put, it is stunning. However, I am the world's worst traveler, I have come to this conclusion as traveling (especially alone....in a foreign country) is incredibly stressful for me. Put two and two together and you've got an ugly situation at hand which involves lots of running, bags flying, jackets falling, scarves unravelling, and worst of all, beads of sweat forming and dripping all over. It's bad when you arrive in the airplane (or train) huffing and puffing while you sweat and peal off three layers including scarves, hats, and gloves, or even worse, when you arrive and the vehicle has left.....early. I have found that international traveling alone for me involves lots of the above stated occurrences, along with crying and frantic outbursts. We're working on it and Mr. Journal really is a trooper I have to say, fellow takes on a heavy load through those pages and pages of text. But journal delivers and through those long winded writing bursts comes learning and tranquility for me. So for now, it's a work in progress, me and traveling. We've got a love hate relationship because traveling is really good at luring me in and we begin the aforementioned cycle that always has a magnificent ending for so many reasons; the most important being that I traveled, I did it, I made it, I'm alive, I saw something new, I experienced something new, and I did it "all by myself." There you go Mamma. Oh, the places you go indeed. I guess growing up has its way of making it into any situation, no matter how hard you try to stop it {sometimes}.

Anyway, been up since 4:30 this morning and I am happily enjoying being home with my snuggly bed, cozy room, and best of all, my clean {let me reiterate, VERY clean} shower. All anxiety left my body as I boarded the plane for Arlanda airport knowing I would be home soon and all the perils of traveling would soon be over. I landed in what I now call home and was welcomed by that looming blanket of darkness that is beginning to win the battle against the daylight for more hours on its side. 4:25 pm we landed and it was no different from 10:25. Sun sets tomorrow at 3:53 and rises at 7:12. With the start of November is the start of drinking up those diminishing hours of daylight and running with them. All Swedes seem to agree that November is the worst month. I guess this means more time for cozy sweats, sweaters, socks, scarves, blankets, tea, and candles. Christmas is creeping in everywhere, airport's already got the big wreaths with lights, and lights are making their way into the trees in town, am I excited? You bet chyah! I am home and it feels good....for all of 1 and a half days. Berlin is next. Pictures to come soon, I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment